Adding an Ethernet receipt printer connection to the MarketPOS POS application involves these steps:
- Choose a Compatible Ethernet Receipt Printer: As a first step, research the Ethernet receipt printer models that “MarketPOS” app supports and is compatible with. You can get support from our Technical team to get suggestions.
- Make the Ethernet Connection: Connect your Ethernet plug printer to the router or switch. This is usually done using the Ethernet port located on the back of your printer. When you connect to a router or switch network, you must introduce the printer to your network.
- Configure IP Settings: You must configure the IP settings of the Ethernet receipt printer correctly. These settings are usually made in your printer’s control panel or web interface. Make a note of your printer’s IP address and other network settings if necessary.
- Set Up MarketPOS App: Open the MarketPOS Sales app and go to “Printer Settings” in the “Settings” menu. You can enter the IP address, connection type and other required information of your Ethernet receipt printer in this section.
- Test: After adjusting the settings, verify that your printer is working properly by performing a test. For example, you can test it by printing a sales voucher or creating a receipt.
1- Materials required for connection; MarketPOS application, ethernet cable, wifi router, ethernet receipt printer.
2- Connect the Wifi router and plug printer with Ethernet cable.
3- Turn on the Wifi router and receipt printer powers. The application connects to the wifi router network.
4- Obtain IP number by self-test printing from the receipt printer.
5- Connect and enter the settings of the wifi router device.
6- Search the IP number obtained from the receipt printer in the wifi router dash board. This is your pirinter device.
7- If you want to change the IP address of your printer, replace the current IP address with the IP address you want. Change the IP address of the printer from Dynamic IP to Static IP. Thus, your printer’s IP address will always remain constant.
8- When you take a test print from the printer again, check the printer IP number.
9- Connect your device to the same wifi network as the printer. Open the MarketPOS app and log in to the app as Cashier or System Admin. Click to Menu icon on the upper left. Click to CASHIER MENUS and then click to Cashier Settings. Then Find and tap the Cashier Printer Settings.
10- Click to CASHIER MENUS and then click to Cashier Settings. Then Find and tap the Cashier Printer Settings.
11- Tap “Printer Selection” Select the Ethernet Printer option in the opened Window. Write the IP number of printer in the relevant field.
12- Write the IP number of printer in the relevant field. Tap the Connect button. See that status changed to “Connected” . Connection process is completed. Please tap to “Sample Print” to ptrint a test page.
You can watch our video about help here.
Other Related Pages: